Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Once upon a time...

Once upon a time...during a December a long time ago, I can still remember how the slightest thought of the Christmas would make my heart skip a beat. But with every new year it seems as if Christmas changes more and more. I say this because with each year I begin to see the days preceeding December 25th as the commercial monster it has become,instead of what it should be...homage to the birth of Christ.

I am not trying to imply that way I celebrate Christmas is any better than anyone else's. But there is one thing about Christmas that still warms my heart in a special way. It is the half an hour spent watching the Charlie Brown Christmas. Seeing that sad little tree, hearing Schroeder playing "Linus and Lucy" on his piano. While Snoopy and the rest of the gang dances. But what makes the Charlie Brown Christmas an unchanging, and heartfelt part of my past is... hearing Linus explain the true meaning of Christmas. Everytime I hear this it touches me like the first time I heard it.
So in closing I have just one thing to say..."Merry Christmas Charlie Brown!"
Just a few more words from,
AnotherDarknight.

No comments: